Sunday, December 05, 2010

Stay quiet, household, 'til the music's done

I'll admit it: I love early weekend mornings when the rest of the family slumbers (even the dog is sleeping) and I can really relish the tunes I am playing.
The imperious "STAY" by SHAKESPEARS SISTER just played. What a song! Eight weeks at No. 1 in the United Kingdom and even No. 4 here in the States.

Unique for the band, Marcella Detroit sang most of the song, instead of former BANANARAMA vocalist Siobhan Fahey.

The atmospheric song switches musical gears when Fahey sings the bridge and --

Dang it!

The black cat is awake and trying to crawl on me as I type this sentence, and just as "Stay" gives way to the Kiwi classic "TEARS" by the CROCODILES on my playlist.

Not all of the family was slumbering after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home