Monday, November 29, 2010

Alouettes take the title again

I slept through last year's GREY CUP heartbreak for the SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS, dozing in front of the television while LES ALOUETTES DE MONTRÉAL rallied to win with two fourth-quarter touchdowns. Sasketchewan was then called for having two many men on the field, negating what would have been the game-winning field goal.
That was last year.
I was wide awake during this year's 98th edition of the Cup, once again won by Montréal.

Quarterback Anthony Calvillo passed for 336 yards last night to lead Montréal to a 21-18 win over my favorite team, the Roughriders.

After the game, Calvillo announced he has been playing this season with a lesion on his thyroid that needs to be removed.

The Riders' offence never got going in last night's CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE decider, and quarterback Darian Durant threw a last-minute interception to derail a potential fourth-quarter rally.

I'm glad I remained awake, however, so I could enjoy the spectacle of the northern version of the Super Bowl.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That game often is better than our Super Bowl!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home