Sunday, May 02, 2010

"Little Shop" offers a needed laugh tonight

I needed a laugh tonight.
My IPOD froze, crashed and died this afternoon, and efforts to restore it were unsuccessful.
Jill ordered a new (larger capacity) iPod for an early anniversary present, and I can load my CDs onto the new one when it arrives.
Many of my playlists were lost, however, include some that I have been painstakingly compiling.
It might take until the end of summer before I have a new iPod even close to satisfactorily filled (and I promise -- I'll make all subsequent playlists on the computer, not just on the iPod).
So, like I said, I needed a laugh tonight.
It came in the form of the Frank Oz film adaptation of "LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS," starring Rick Moranis as florist shop worker SEYMOUR and Levi Stubbs as the voice of the murderous AUDREY II.
We loved Steve Martin's portrayal of the dentist (although the dental scenes made Jill queasy).
We were familiar with the songs, having seen a school play version of the show last weekend.
Kerstin is singing the title song right now, actually, when she should be settling down for the night.
I can stay up late -- tomorrow is
THE ERIK HOGSTROM BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZAPALOOZA®! and I have the day off work.
I'll be busy, though, loading CDs onto the computer in advance of the replacement iPod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home