Monday, April 26, 2010

The unheard portion of the Tom Petty playlist

What kind of day did I have?
I lent my library card to the girls so they could walk to the LIBRARY this afternoon.

They promptly lost the card, so I scoured the house before driving back to the library to retrieve the girls.

That meant my planned workout at the DUBUQUE COMMUNITY Y occurred approximately 40 minutes later than I had planned.

Of course, I was so flustered by the time I reached the Y, I forgot my IPOD plugged into the car stereo. What's more, the iPod kept playing.

It was a rather "sultry day," as we used to say in California, so I decided to listen to a 40-song playlist of singles and charting album tracks by TOM PETTY (with and without THE HEARTBREAKERS).

I could have left the Y, gone out to my car and retrieved the iPod, but I thought I would listen to an Internet radio station on my smartphone instead. The radio station caused the phone to crash, though, so I exercised in relative silence.

As I mentioned, the iPod kept playing in the car while I went from the elliptical machine to the stationary bike.

Some of the songs I missed included:

"The Best of Everything"
"Needles and Pins (live)"
"So You Want to be a Rock 'n' Roll Star (live)"
"Jammin' Me"
"Runaway Trains"
"It'll All Work Out"
"Love is a Long Road"

The list continues.
I hopped in the car after my workout and dialed the iPod back to "The Best of Everything," and listened to some of the tunes I missed as I drove home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home