Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stoppage time makes early wake up call worth it

The 142nd league meeting between MANCHESTER rivals CITY and UNITED was a match that only really came alive in stoppage time.
For 90 minutes, I wondered why I had even bothered to wake up early to watch the match live on TV. Crosses were off the mark and shots were wide of their targets. It seemed like a draw would be the only outcome.
Football's a funny old game, though, so it should come as little surprise that the deciding moment should come off the head of one of the oldest players on the pitch.
Patrice Evra's first-time cross was met by Paul Scholes. The 35-year-old veteran's header crept inside the post and United had beaten their neighbors, 1-0, to keep the PREMIER LEAGUE title race alive.
I suppose I am glad I woke up early after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

Bollocks.

(not to you Eric, about the result)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home