Monday, April 19, 2010

Sick as a Hammer

HEAD ACHING AND PUKING is no way to start your day, but that's just what happened to me this morning.
I was already wearing my shirt and tie when I decided to call in SICK.

I am glad I did. I went right back to bed and spent the bulk of the time feverishly sleeping.
JILL said I probably had a bug. I don't know what it was that caused my head to feel like bursting despite taking Advil.
I finally began to come back this afternoon. I ate my first meal of the day -- some LUCKY CHARMS cereal -- and watched LIVERPOOL defeat WEST HAM UNITED live on television.

Goals by Yossi Benayoun, David Ngog and a Robert Green own goal lifted the hosts to a 3-0 victory that sent Liverpool back to sixth place while keeping the Hammers teetering, one place above the relegation zone.

I know how West Ham feels.

By the 82nd minute of the match, my eye lids were flickering, and at the final whistle I had fallen back to sleep.

I hate being sick. Even soccer couldn't bring me back to health today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home