Saturday, May 01, 2010

Educate yourself with "Powerage"

A friend saw ANNIKA wearing her AC/DC shirt yesterday and asked -- expecting the answer "no" -- if she really even listened to the Australian band.
"Sometimes," Annika truthfully replied.

I mentioned that we have all of the Bon Scott-era albums and a few of the Brian Johnson discs to this friend, who professed to love AC/DC.

The friend looked confused.
"Bon Scott? I'm not really familiar with him."
Oh dear.

The sun is shining today as I mark the start of my three-day weekend -- a.k.a. THE ERIK HOGSTROM BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZAPALOOZA®! -- and I am listening to "POWERAGE."

This 1978 album is a great introduction to the masterful, Bon Scott-era of AC/DC.
"Rock 'n' Roll Damnation," "Down Payment Blues," "Gimme a Bullet," "Riff Raff," "Sin City," "What's Next to the Moon," "Gone Shootin,'" "Up to My Neck in You" and "Kicked in the Teeth" are the type of "all killer, no filler" tracks that mark the band's peak.
I recommended the friend listen to "Powerage" as soon as possible.

Miss this album, and you really miss the real lasting legacy of AC/DC. You really can't call yourself a fan if you miss that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home