Friday, March 05, 2010

F is for Friday Question about fitness

ROUTE 1 just completed our least favorite workout -- getting up 45 minutes before the alarm was supposed to go off (on a Friday no less) to let the dog out, only to discover she had peed on one of the kitchen chairs (the one I sat in, coincidentally).
This week, we asked readers the following FRIDAY QUESTION:

"What is your favorite workout?"

DAVE B. -- 10-mile easy run.

KERSTIN H. -- Dance is my fav... And it is a sport!!!

RICK T. -- They say sitting and watching girls walk by is a great stress relief for men my age. Works for me!

BEKAH P. -- If I am FORCED to work out, I guess my torture of choice would be a spinning class. Yes, it's intense. Yes, it hurts like you wouldn't believe. But damn it all if I don't sweat up a storm. As an added bonus, the class setting makes the whole experience fly by, and the workout feels shorter than it really is.

JOHN S. -- 40-mile bike ride.

BOB H. -- Walking with Flanigan. I just wish I could get Roseanne to go with us once in a while.

CLINT A. -- Two hours of paddling in a six-man outrigger canoe!

SANDYE V. -- Riding my bike OUTSIDE. I'm so bored with the indoor one.

MARY N.-P. -- Walking the dog at 6:30 a.m. -It's quiet, since we live in the country, I get to see wildlife; and except for the coldest part of the winter, it's fairly pleasant...

BRIAN M. -- When I was in shape, I really liked running on a warm day, when the joints and muscles are loose. These days, I don't mind running on a treadmill, even if the progress (toward speed and endurance) is slow.

JEFF T. -- I love to swim. Have you ever seen a fat porpoise?

INGER H. -- Walking! I walk about an hour a day... I find that I just really like the speed at which life goes by when you're walking. Its easier to notice things than when biking or running. Fewer injuries, too.

KERI M. -- Running on the treadmill and doing my sleeping stretches.

STACEY B. -- Zumba! I have absolutely NO dance moves and look like a complete fool, but I love this Latin fusion dance workout.

ERIK H. -- When the opportunity arises, I love brisk walks through San Francisco or London. When those opportunities are unavailable, I enjoy the challenge of my fitness nemesis -- the Stepmill at the Dubuque Community Y. Stepmill is basically a treadmill with steps instead of tread. I walked a mile on Stepmill for the first time last evening. That equates to walking up 48 floors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home