Monday, March 01, 2010

Devo vs. Stepmill

I picked the right music for my workout at the DUBUQUE COMMUNITY Y yesterday.
Get past the kitsch, humor and near-mechanical voices (part of the act) and DEVO made some memorably catchy music.

It was perfect when I faced my new fitness nemesis -- STEPMILL.
Created by Stairmaster, Stepmill is just as the name suggests: It is a treadmill with steps instead of tread.
I climbed 20 flights of stairs with Stepmill. By about the 14th floor or so, my legs were just about screaming in time with Devo's music. That's OK. It's good for me.

We actually had some kids in high school who dressed like Devo.

I never joined that crowd -- I was a bit too ANGLOPHILE (my, how times don't change).

Devo made some great music, though, including the often-overlooked "Gates of Steel" from the "Freedom of Choice" album. That's the song I'll forever associate with my first encounter with Stepmill.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you are off to a good start at the Y. The Stepmill can be a worthy adversary.

Kevin Hougham

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home