Friday, February 19, 2010

No one said "Fried HoHos"

The first few months of the new year are usually given over to resolutions, some devoted to healthy eating, and Lent has arrived with its self-sacrificing intentions often targeting food.
Thus, it is with ROUTE 1's usual lack of proper timing that readers answer this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:

"What is your favorite fried food?"

ELLEN B. -- Funnel cake! Yummy.

MIKE D. -- My doctor advises me against participating in this Friday Question.

RICK T. -- Southern fried chicken.

KERSTIN H. -- I don't have one so I'm just going to say fried Twinkies.

SASKIA M. -- Texas Roadhouse's Onion Blossom!

JOHN S. -- Chicken wings!

KERI M. -- Mars Bars!

SANDYE V. -- I don't eat fried foods very often, since I don't want to die of a heart attack before I get to retire. But I do make an exception for the sweet potato fries dunked in a spicy sauce at Star Restaurant. I first tasted sweet potato fries at a little restaurant called The Herb Garden in Angola, Ind. We go to a puppet festival near there every November and a highlight of the weekend is supper with friends at this restaurant. So I was delighted to find a local restaurant serving them. Plus, sweet potatoes are good for you, so maybe it cancels out some of the saturated fat....?

BEKAH P. -- I don't have a favorite. I like them all. But right now, I could realllllly go for some fried dill pickles. Seriously scrumptious, those!

JEFF T. -- I have a real weakness for onion rings and fried pickles... probably in my arteries!

CLINT A. -- Homemade Mashed Potatoes, mashed by hand, not whipped. . .Yukon Gold. . .garlic. . .lots of butter. . .

ERIK H. -- I didn't even know Fried Macaroni & Cheese existed until a week ago. Since, this Wisconsin delicacy has stormed to the top of my Fried Food Charts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home