Saturday, July 25, 2009

The wind, The Who and cloud shaped like Iceland

I was sitting outside just now, soaking up some sun, when THE WIND and THE WHO combined for a beautiful moment
I was listening to "A QUICK ONE, WHILE HE'S AWAY," Pete Townshend's 1966 "mini-opera" about infidelity and forgiveness, when I noticed the most gratifying smell: The wind was blowing the scents from a pot of fresh herbs in my direction.
It seemed like I was sitting in the kitchen of an unseen chef.
"Down your street your crying is a well-known sound," Roger Daltrey sang as I tipped my head back to soak up the smell of the herbs.
Opening my eyes, I saw A CLOUD SHAPED LIKE ICELAND, propelled across the sky directly above me.
"Fa la la la la la, fa la la la la la la," went the opening to "We Have a Remedy" as I intently studied the cloud.
It's wispy tendrils along the periphery extended like a ballet dancer's lithe arms before evaporating into the blue sky.
"A Quick One, While He's Away" is effectively a medley with six distinct sections. It sounds great when you're sitting outside, watching clouds shaped like Iceland dancing their way across the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home