Monday, July 20, 2009

"Tell me why! I don't like Mondays"

It became a mantra for working stiffs everywhere, so it seems like the right time to celebrate "I DON'T LIKE MONDAYS," the single that was released 30 years ago tomorrow.
BOB GELDOF of THE BOOMTOWN RATS wrote the song after reading about the San Diego shooting spree of 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer, who killed two adults and injured eight children while firing at a school playground.
"
I don't like Mondays, this livens up the day," Spencer reportedly told authorities in explaining her actions.
The song spent a month at No. 1 on the
UK charts. It only reached No. 73 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, but has since become a popular song to play -- on Mondays -- on album rock stations.
I'll grab my "Best of" CD by The Boomtown Rats today. It will help liven up my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home