Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweets and The Smiths

The only thing I don't like about BIT-O-HONEY is the way the wax paper can get stuck on the candy.
Otherwise, the classic combination of almond bits embedded in a honey-flavored taffy ranks right up there with any of my other favorite sweets.
I have been enjoying some Bit-O-Honey today while listening to one of my favorite compilations, "LOUDER THAN BOMBS" by THE SMITHS.
Bit-O-Honey originated in Chicago. The Schutter-Johnson Company began manufacturing it in 1924. The Nestlé Company acquired Bit-O-Honey in 1984.
"Louder Than Bombs" arrived in U.S. stores three years later. I was in college, and I absolutely adored The Smiths (I still do, actually).
"Louder Than Bombs" combined non-album singles and B-sides with a few other tracks. Although I love The Smiths' studio albums, my favorite discs are "Louder Than Bombs" and the earlier compilation, the masterful "HATFUL OF HOLLOW."
Give me either of those two albums and some Bit-O-Honey, and I am a happy man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home