Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Putting too much thought into a monster movie? Perhaps yes.

I can't decide which is more far-fetched:
1. SVEN-GÖRAN ERIKSSON, the former England manager, has joined League Two NOTTS COUNTY as director of football at the Football League's oldest club (founded 1862).
2. That the characters of "KAIJÛ SÔSHINGEKI (DESTROY ALL MONSTERS)" seem so upbeat, even though the world's major cities have been destroyed by GODZILLA, ANGUIRUS, RODAN, GOROSAURUS, KUMONGA, MANDA, MINILLA, BARAGON, VARAN and even MOTHRA (CATERPILLAR VERSION).
I realize that Ishirô Honda's 1968 film does find the aforementioned monsters turning the tables on the spooky chick aliens the Kilaaks and defeating their alien monster, GHIDORAH.
I also realize the humans have important work to do throughout the course of the film, however, I still wonder if people would really seem so non-plussed that the Tokyo outside their bunker door is completely in ruins.
If someone can explain either No. 1 or No. 2 to me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home