Friday, July 24, 2009

Records we can hear any time

This week, ROUTE 1 asked its music-loving readers to answer the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
Is there a record you can hear any time, without tiring of it?
RICK T. -- Vern Gosdin's "Chiseled In Stone." Great Song with a lot of meaning. Type it in on YouTube and you'll see.
KERI M. -- Mobadass. A great band from Saskatoon.
BEKAH P. -- "Sgt. Pepper's" by the Beatles. I have loved it for my entire life, and I think that statement will stay the same until I die.
JEFF T. -- Three pop to mind. "Alan Jackson - Greatest Hits Volume 1 or 2," or "Sinatra at the Sands!"
KERSTIN H. -- "ABBA Gold." I have to listen to it every time I do the dishes.
ERIK H. -- I always come back to the music on Trojan's "UK Hits" three-disc compilation of pop reggae music. Songs such as "Double Barrel" by Dave & Ansel Collins, "Everything I Own" by Ken Boothe and "Guns of Navaronne" by the Skatalites always provide comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home