Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Why didn't you listen to Polish music on Casimir Pulaski Day?

I couldn't listen to any Polish music on Casimir Pulaski Day because I don't have any.
Today is ST. PATRICK'S DAY and I am spoiled for choice when it comes to Irish music.
Thin Lizzy? U2? The Frank & Walters?
No, today I am listening to THE BOOMTOWN RATS.
Led by BOB GELDOF, all six members were originally from DÚN LAOGHAIRE, IRELAND.
The name "Boomtown Rats" comes from the name of a gang in Woody Guthrie's autobiography, "Bound for Glory."
The Boomtown Rats moved to London in October 1976 in search of a record deal and eventually scored a dozen Top-40 hits in the U.K., including a pair of chart-toppers: "Rat Trap" in 1978 and the magnificent "I Don't Like Mondays" in 1979. Right now, I am listening to "MARY OF THE 4TH FORM," a 1977 single that reached No. 15, You can watch a video of the song by clicking here.
I hope you all have a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home