Friday, March 13, 2009

An anniversary and a return to the first question

ROUTE 1 celebrates its FOURTH ANNIVERSARY today -- just in time for the FRIDAY QUESTION!
To celebrate this landmark of random musings, ROUTE 1 repeats the INAUGURAL FRIDAY QUESTION from 2005:
"It's an age-old question for music fans, but one which remains valid for its ability to get to the heart of a record collection: What one disc would you bring with you to a desert island?"
If you answered before, we'll see if your answer has changed in four years. If you have arrived in the ROUTE 1 realm within the past four years, we will gain valuable insight into your record collection.
(To find the inaugural answers, click on "March 2005" on the archives list to the right, then scroll down.)

DAVE B. -- "The Wall" by Pink Floyd.
MARY N.P. -- Happy (and prosperous) 4th birthday Route 1!!
I'll bet I answered the same 4 years ago -- "Legend" by Bob Marley and the Wailers. What can I say? To my decidedly lily-white, middle-class, non-Jamaican ears, it is hands down the best music ever.
JIM S. -- "Rumors," by Fleetwood Mac. It has the requisite personal memories attached to the songs. It also has some slow and some fast tunes. I could vary the tempo depending on my mood each day I was alone on that desert island.
RICK T, -- I'd take a disc of Ernest Tubb!
BRIAN C. -- "With the Beatles" (in the States, "Meet the Beatles.") Beatles originals, including perhaps my favorite "All My Loving," plus several covers, including, "Please Mister Postman," "Roll Over Beehoven," "Til There Was You" (written by an Iowan), "You've Really Got a Hold on Me" and "Money." After 44 years, I'm still not tired of it.
SASKIA M. -- Andrea Bocelli's album "Romanza."
BEKAH P. -- "Rubber Soul," by the Beatles. First and foremost, I would want it because it truly is my favorite album of all times. Second, I think one of its songs would be especially appropriate. "In My Life."
KERI M. -- The sweet mix of songs that remind me of my sweetheart on the CD that is in my car.
MIKE D, -- OK, I'm pushing it, but how about the Time/Life CD collection of hits from the 1970s?
ERIK H. -- The album I take on the desert island probably depends upon the day I am stranded. If I land on the island today, the disc I take with me is the soundtrack to "The Harder They Come," featuring the songs of Jimmy Cliff and others. It would be perfect for an island!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home