Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"No, Donny, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of."

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
I adore well-written films.
Yesterday, I watched one of the best -- "THE BIG LEBOWSKI" by JOEL & ETHAN COEN.

"Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not 'Mr. Lebowski.' You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
After "The Dude" Lebowski is mistaken for the millionaire Lebowski, two gangsters pee on his rug as they threaten him to pay a debt he knows nothing about. So begins a tale that includes apparent kidnapping, hapless German nihilists (including the fantastic PETER STORMARE of Volkswagen's "V-Dub" commercial fame), ubiquitous White Russians and plenty of hot bowling action.
"The Big Lebowski" made me want to down a WHITE RUSSIAN in tribute. Too bad I gave up alcohol for Lent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home