Friday, February 27, 2009

I still love you Hiroko Sakurai!

ROUTE 1 editorial assistant KERSTIN (age 13) can't stop squealing about "Twilight" star Robert Pattinson.
"Eeeeeeeeeee!"
See? There she goes again.
ROUTE 1 readers recall their own celebrity crushes by answering the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"Did you ever have a movie star crush?"
INGER H. -- Did I? I still do!!! Cary Grant always seemed like some sparkling and impossible combination of handsomeness, charm, humor and confidence, mixed with the slightest bit of true humility that made him seem swoonable, yet completely accessible and down to earth. In fact, in a lot of ways, he is my idea of the perfect man.
KERI M. -- Leonardo DiCaprio. Before I knew better and when he was on "Growing Pains."
BEKAH P. -- Oh my gosh. Did I ever. Brad Renfro, for starters, although he is obsolete now. The other one (and I am dreadfully ashamed to admit this) was Macaulay Culkin -- you know, the "Home Alone" star. Yeah, I thought he was totally hot.
JIM S. -- I had a small crush on Katharine Ross, after seeing her in "The Graduate," "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" and "The Stepford Wives." She not only was cute, but had an innocent quality to her. I also had somewhat of a crush on Raquel Welch, for different reasons.
RICK T. -- Annette with the Mousekateers.
BRIAN M. -- Elisabeth Shue. She was the CUTEST... and I never saw her until "Adventures in Babysitting" (1987). Of course, everything changed when "Leaving Las Vegas" came out in 1995... not her necessarily, but her character wasn't so... cute in this one.
KERSTIN H. -- OK, so I like, *love* Zac Efron, who is so unmanly he can't even grow a beard. Although, my first crush was George Harrison, from The Beatles.
SASKIA M. -- I think my "crush" was more on the fictional character James Bond -- but only when played by Sean Connery and even more so: Roger Moore.
MIKE D. -- Farrah Fawcett-Majors, Jaclyn Smith and Cheryl Ladd. Ah, what 13-year-old boy in the mid-70s didn't love "Charlie's Angels?" (However, no posters of swimsuit-clad Angels were allowed at my house.) My grown-up love interest, though, is Cindy Crawford, who qualifies because she was in the 1995 movie "Fair Game."
MIKE M. -- Maggie doesn't buy my unconvincing denials, so I might as well admit it, I have a crush on Dubuquer Margaret Lindsay.
STEVE M. -- Greta Scacchi in "Presumed Innocent" in the early 90s. But even more serious was when I was 17 and saw "Summer of 42" with who was it? Jennifer O'Neill? What a sweetheart!

STACEY B. -- The biggest celebrity crush I had as a teenager was on the ever-so-handsome Jonathan Taylor Thomas. The obvious star of "Home Improvement," JTT was so incredibly dreamy. While that celebrity crush died quickly, I must admit I'm still crushing a little on Leonardo DiCaprio. Loved him in "Blood Diamond" and that other movie where he tells some woman to never let go.
ERIK H. -- Your crush choices are rather limited when all a kid watches is "The Flintstones" and "Ultraman," so I will say Hiroko Sakurai, who portrayed the lovely Fuji in the latter (you can see her here). A friend of my mom's had the famous Farrah Fawcett-Majors poster, and her flipped hair soon began to show up on all the real "foxes" at school. That was back in middle school, the age of the real true fox.

2 Comments:

Blogger Everyday Matheson said...

t to Zac Efron too.

:)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Everyday Matheson said...

I admit to Zac Efron too.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home