Thursday, March 05, 2009

Rory Gilmore is all grown up

The latest GLAMOUR MAGAZINE celebrates female fashion icons of the past with photographs of some current celebrities.
You can find the photographs here.
Hayden Panettiere portrays Amelia Earhart, Paula Patton is Billie Holiday, Emma Roberts is Audrey Hepburn, Camilla Belle is Mary Tyler Moore, Alicia Keys is First Lady Michelle Obama and Lindsay Lohan seems to be fulfilling a prophecy as she channels Madonna.
There are a few other fashion icons portrayed, but my favorite photograph features ALEXIS BLEDEL as Rosie the Riveter (pictured).
I feel like I have watched Bledel grow up.
Here's why: My 13-year-old daughter KERSTIN has all seven seasons of "GILMORE GIRLS" on DVD. I haven't seen every episode of the witty show myself, but I have seen enough to see Bledel's character RORY GILMORE grow from awkward teenhood to occasionally awkward young adulthood.
Throw in "SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS," and it seems like Bledel is always on our television.
She looks "all grown up" as Rosie the Riveter, and it seems Bledel has grown up right in front of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home