Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thank you, Hulu, for Johnny Sokko

Thanks to online television repository HULU.COM, I have been able to relive one of the pleasures of my youth.
"JOHNNY SOKKO AND HIS FLYING ROBOT" was my joint favorite TOKUSATSU (Japanese live-action television show) when I was a kid -- only equaled by the magnificent "ULTRAMAN."
Imagine my surprise when I learned I can watch all the first-season episodes on Hulu.
In the series, a small boy (Sokko) gains control of a Giant Robot (pictured) and uses the machine to battled the forces of the evil Emperor Guillotine and his minions, the Gargoyle gang.

How could this series miss appealing to an imaginative kid like me?
Here is a boy who stands as tall as adult heroes, because he has a big robot on his side.
I spent many days in the vacant lot near my house, acting out scenes from the "Johnny Sokko" series. Now, thanks to Hulu, I can enjoy the action all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home