Sunday, March 15, 2009

I think I'll call it: SCRITTI POLITTI CHILI

Chopping onions and green peppers, browning three types of meat, stirring it all together -- and all the while, "SONGS TO REMEMBER" by SCRITTI POLITTI is cascading from the speakers into the kitchen.
Preparation for this year's TELEGRAPH HERALD NEWSROOM CHILI COOKOFF featured a slight twist today, as I enjoyed Scritti Politti's debut album while I worked.
Dub-influenced, avant-garde songs such as "Skank Bloc Bologna" gave way to lover's rock style ballads such as "The Sweetest Girl" by the time GREEN GARTSIDE and Co. recorded their debut.

"Songs To Remember" became Rough Trade record's most successful chart album, reaching the top spot in the UK independent chart and peaking at No. 12 in the UK national charts.
It's beautiful music, not sounding quite as "produced" as the sumptuous pop of "CUPID & PSYCHE '85" -- the album I played when I brought my SCRITTI POLITTI CHILI to boil.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Buy YouTube Views. This is the newest way of enhancing the Google authority. To understand more keep reading this website.
buy youtube subscribers

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home