Monday, March 16, 2009

Memories within the pages

I have been looking at an old tour program, remembering a U2 concert my sister INGER and I attended on Dec. 15, 1984 at the SAN FRANCISCO CIVIC CENTER -- during the "UNFORGETTABLE FIRE" tour.
It was the first of two U2 gigs I attended (I saw the band a couple years later at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City).
After the San Francisco gig, we waited outside the stage door with a few other fans.
The band eventually emerged -- a couple of the tipsy ones were heading for a downtown club for additional drinks -- and BONO autographed our programs while my sister kissed the iconic lead singer on the cheek.
I found the night's set list online:
1. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock

2. I Will Follow

3. Seconds

4. MLK

5. The Unforgettable Fire

6. Wire

7. Sunday Bloody Sunday

8. The Cry

9. The Electric Co./Send in The Clowns

10. A Sort of Homecoming

11. Bad

12. October

13. New Year's Day

14. Pride (In The Name of Love)

Encores:

15. Party Girl

16. Gloria

17. 40
It has been fun, remembering that night while thumbing through the tour program's pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home