Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring cleaning with the good doctor

My legs are sore.
I have been hauling unwanted items out of our basement since 8:30 a.m., dragging bags of flood-damaged stuff, broken bed frames and all manner of other undesirables to a rented DUMPSTER outside my house.
My wife calls it "SPRING CLEANING."
I haven't yet decided on what I am calling it.
It's not all bad, though. We have made much more room down in our basement, and I have been enjoying listening to the marvelous compilation, "25 YEARS OF DR. FEELGOOD."
Formed in Canvey Island, Essex, DR. FEELGOOD have been rockin' since the early 1970s.
I prefer the original lineup:
guitarist WILKO JOHNSON, bassist JOHN B. SPARKS, drummer THE BIG FIGURE (a.k.a. John Martin) and the brilliant vocalist, the late LEE BRILLEAUX.
Although they routinely charted in the U.K., Dr. Feelgood never made much of a name for themselves in the U.S.
I can't really understand why. They sound like a top-echelon band to me. In fact, they sound like they could hold their own with the absolute best.
Well, that's enough from me today.
I think I hear my name being called. I think I need to start filling the dumpster again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Life-time Replacement is a thing that you hardly find, when you Buy facebook reviews. Just a handful of great service providers give this. buy facebook fanpage reviews

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home