Monday, April 14, 2008

Will he do it again?

I am listening to the OTTAWA SENATORS playing the PITTSBURGH PENGUINS in the Stanley Cup playoffs (the Pens have just scored two goals in the first 90 seconds of the third period for a 3-1 lead), but what I am really interested to learn is whether JOHN BOWKER will homer again tonight.
The rookie from Sacramento, Calif., became the first GIANTS player since the team moved to SAN FRANCISCO 50 years ago to homer in each of his first two Major League games.
I heard both of Bowker's round-trippers this weekend, listening to Giants games on KNBR (via MLB.com).
Bowker played at the Double-A levels of the minor leagues last season, and was supposed to play most of this season at Triple-A Fresno. However, injuries and (frankly) bad play convinced the Giants to bring the left-handed hitter up sooner rather than later.
I am going to listen to as much of the Giants game tonight as I can before I fall asleep. Bowker probably won't hit a home run in his third Major League game as well, but one of the great things about baseball is that you never really know what will happen next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home