Saturday, April 12, 2008

I think I need some pizza and Sonic Youth

I am not exactly hungover, but I am also not entirely operating at full capacity following the SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY we held for my wife JILL last night.
I think I need some pizza and SONIC YOUTH.
We didn't return home until 1:47 a.m., and of course the CATS woke me up at their customary 6 a.m. I slept fitfully again until 8:30, at which time I thought I might as well watch some live PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL. I am glad I did -- visiting FULHAM beat READING, 2-0, for the Cottagers' first away win in 34 attempts. Wow.
I still didn't feel quite right, though, so now I am munching on some pizza and listening to "DAYDREAM NATION" by SONIC YOUTH.
"The New Rolling Stone Album Guide" chronicles what makes this album such a triumph:
"The band tries something new with every track, stretching out for long, multidimensional instrumental passages of headphone-friendly guitar exploration that burst into noise ('Silver Rocket') or slow down for mood music ('Total Trash')."
It's a great way to recover from a surprise party, too, along with the pizza of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home