Wednesday, November 21, 2007

There's something very "PUNK" about these guys

Whew!
I am taking a brief lunch break on what amounts to a VERY BUSY day.
I have to write three stories for the newspaper before we can leave for a THANKSGIVING trip to Des Moines.
It is about to start snowing any moment, so I am trying to hurry along.
The Who is helping.
I am listening to the "Meaty Beaty Big & Bouncy" compilation as I drive around today. The adrenaline rush of The Who's first great singles has helped propel me along.
The Damned, Buzzcocks, the Sex Pistols and other purveyors of vintage UK punk all seemed to credit The Who, and listening to these early classics by Daltrey, Townshend, Entwistle and Moon, I can hear why.
The Who were jagged and angry and shot through with energy -- the same traits the punks would trade on when they made their big splash.
Now, if only some of that energy could help me get all my stuff done today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home