Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Following Barack Obama with Underworld

I covered a Dubuque appearance by BARACK OBAMA this morning. That was the glamorous highlight of my day. I spent the remainder of my working day waiting fruitlessly for people to call me back for a health story. Now, I have to finish the story tomorrow.
Wait -- It gets worse. I came home and had to clean the bathroom because my wife Jill is hosting a PAMPERED CHEF party tomorrow night. I already cleaned the bathroom this week!
Oh well. The second glamorous highlight of my day -- ironically -- occurred while cleaning the bathroom.
I was listening to my new "92 since 95" (I added two more songs) playlist of contemporary British pop music while scrubbing clean the toilet.
Moloko's "Fun for Me" ended and the marvelous "BORN SLIPPY" by UNDERWORLD (pictured) began.
It is one of the most glamorous songs I know, and it made cleaning the bathroom at least bearable.