Saturday, November 03, 2007

Well, that was fun

I only chewed three fingernails during tonight's victory by MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS.
Oregon beat Arizona State, 35-23, at Autzen Stadium on ESPN.
I usually endure rather than enjoy Duck games, mostly because of the unreasonable emotional investment I have made in the team. My late dad loved the Ducks, and I fell in love during our five-and-a-half years living in Lakeview, Ore. For better or for worse, they are my college team of choice.
Tonight, an early Oregon lead meant my worries only surface when it appeared starting quarterback Dennis Dixon had suffered a knee injury.
However, he was walking around and even jumping around after the injury, so I don't think he was too badly hurt.
Dixon definitely hurt the Sun Devils, though. He completed 13-of-22 passes for 189 yards and four touchdowns, while also rushing for 57 yards.
Tailback Jonathan Stewart rushed for 99 yards, including a 33-yard touchdown and Oregon's defense looked great.
The defense sacked ASU quarterback Rudy Carpenter nine times and picked off one of his passes in the end zone.
MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS face Arizona and UCLA on the road before welcoming that school from Corvallis for the annual CIVIL WAR contest at Autzen.
After that, who knows?
A Jan. 1 (or later?) bowl game sure would be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home