Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Question about a song that... ohhh why did Dennis Dixon have to hurt his knee again?

Stinging tears over the cruel twist of fate for MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS won't stand in the way of this week's FRIDAY QUESTION -- "Sniffff! Waaaaah! No fair! Dennis Dixon, come back Dennis, come back!" -- Well, the tears won't stand in the way too much.
Where was I? Oh yeah.
This week, ROUTE 1 readers answer the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What is your favorite song from 2007, so far?"
Mike D. -- My boys and I enjoyed singing along to "Home" by Daughtry during our summer commutes. Of course, that's after it was seared into our brains from weekly viewings of American Idol. But I also thought Pink's "U + Ur Hand" was a clever and sassy song. Suggestive lyrics aside, the song simply rocked!
Rick T. -- "Just Give It Away" by George Strait. Great country song!
Kerstin H. -- "Wait for You" by Elliott Yamin.
Scout S. -- "For Science Fiction" by Maritime.
Mary N.-P. -- Omigod. I just realized I haven't even listened to a 2007 song yet.
Inger H. -- "Sun in an Empty Room" by Weakerthans.
With choruses like this --
"Take this moment to decide (sun in an empty room)
If we meant it, if we tried (sun in an empty room).
Felt around for far too much
(sun in an empty room)
Things that accidentally touch
(sun in an empty room)"
How could you choose anything else?

Ellen B. -- "Rock Star" by Nickelback. "Cause we all just wanna be big rock stars and live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars. The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap. We'll all stay skinny, cause we just won't eat. And we'll hang out in the coolest bars in the VIP with the movie stars."
Erik H. -- His detractors claim he is too overblown and too reliant on his influences. Perhaps. Regardless of how much he copies Freddie Mercury, Mika made a stunning January 2007 single with "Grace Kelly." The first time I heard it, I thought:
"This is outrageously good."
I still think that.
The girls and I find ourselves singing it out of the blue -- "why don't you like me? why don't you like me? why don't you like me?" -- always a sure sign of a great song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home