Friday, August 17, 2007

What's that song you were singing?

ROUTE 1 readers have answered the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"Which songs had you singing along this week?"
Kerstin H. -- "Mamma Mia," like, a hundred times!
Rick T. -- A lot of Elvis songs. Long live the King!
Annika H. -- "GNO (Girls Night Out)," by Miley Cyrus.
Erik H. -- I mostly sang along to Kid Frost's pioneering Chicano hip hop song, "La Raza." I always have a hard time with the chorus, however. Kid Frost sings "This is for la Raza," but as he is Mexican-American, he rolls the "r," so that it sounds more like "This is for la Rrrrrrrrrrasssa." I have to really practice with my tongue to even come close to sounding like that.
"This is for... la... rer-rer-rer-rer-rer-rer-razzuh!"
That's how it usually comes out for me. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home