Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday of Sound

Sure, I got ready to watch the Super Bowl, just like everybody else...
7:32 a.m. -- I began my day by listening to My Bloody Valentine's shoegazing classic "Loveless" while sipping coffee. Aah... Sunday mornings...
8:47 a.m. -- Downloaded more than a dozen vintage BBC Radio One jingles (circa 1967-1991) from the spectacular Radio Rewind Web site.
10 a.m. -- Broke down some boxes used during our recent move while listening to some classic Pet Shop Boys' singles. I adore "Suburbia." Neil Tennant could sure pen a great pop song!
11:30 a.m. -- Read Pete Townshend and Roger Daltry interviews in the latest issue of MOJO Magazine while listening to some 1960s singles by The Who.
2:14 p.m. -- Switched on VH-1 Classic in time to catch "Only You" by Yazoo. Yet another classic pop song.
3 p.m. -- Suitably inspired by the Yazoo video, I am listening to the first 10 songs on an 80s' iPod playlist devoted to synth-pop. It opens with Freur (pre-Underworld) with "Doot Doot," one of the forgotten singles that surely should be remembered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home