Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I haven't been this excited about a CD since...

Well, probably since the last CD I got.
That's not the point.
The point is that I am REALLY LOVING the "Nuggets from Nuggets" CD that arrived from Amazon the other night.
It's a collection of those classic garage rockers from the 1960s; songs such as "Louie Louie" by the Kingsmen and "Wooly Bully" by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs and "Psychotic Reaction" by the Count Five.
I am not the type of person who says "things were so much better back in the old days," because in many ways they were not much better (just different). However, these are the songs every music fan should have in their collection. They really do seem timeless, and I can't help singing along to these songs.
Take "Liar Liar" by the Minneapolis one-hit wonders The Castaways, for example. I must have heard this song five times on my iPod yesterday and I sang along every time:
"Liar liar, pants on fire/Your nose is longer than a telephone wire"
and:
"Ask me baby, why I'm sad/You been out all night, know you been bad."
Songs such as this one are simple and simply great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home