Friday, January 27, 2006

Give me some of that old soul clapping

This week's FRIDAY QUESTION seeks to spice up recent bland days by asking for a song that has got a lot of "soul."
Lisa Y. -- Any song by the guy that sings "Shaft" (Isaac Hayes).... That guy has soul coming out of his pores!
Gary D. -- "Jumping Jack Flash" by The Rolling Stones. It's the greatest song of all time.
Annika H. -- "Soul Man!"
Mike D. -- Percy Sledge's "When a Man Loves a Woman." You can just hear the longing in his voice.
Kerstin H. -- Billy Currington's "Must be Doin' Somethin' Right." "And close those deep blue need to eyes."
Erik H. -- I equate soul with passion, and few songs deliver the passion of the Staples Singers' 1971 classic "I'll Take You There." Pops Staples was great, but the real force behind this song comes from lead vocalist Mavis Staples. Her voice is so gritty for a girl. As soon as she sings "I know a place," I am completely under her spell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home