Friday, February 03, 2006

Sh... sh... shing a lil wiff me! Letsh shing!

It's the end of a long week and the Route 1 staff are ready to let their hair down.
Well, I would let my hair down, if I... well... you know...
At any rate: It is PARTY TIME on the ol' Route 1 blog, so this week's FRIDAY QUESTION seeks the best sing-along PARTY ANTHEM!
Diane H. -- Well, if we're in Amy's kitchen drinking then it's "The Perfect Country Western Song." But it seems to me that just about anywhere, "Sweet Caroline" gets people singing really loudly. Bum, bum, baaaaa.

Jim S. -- Jenny, Jenny (867-5309) or Yellow Submarine
Ellen B. -- The Y.M.C.A by the Village People!!
Dave B. -- Shout! Otis Day and the Knights. Off the Animal House Soundtrack.
Tom J. -- Beastie Boys: "You have the right (to party)" or Y-M-C-A -- Craig's personal favorite.
Shannon H. -- Summer of '69. Worked on the Tonica, Ill., school bus and works with drunkards too.
Mark H. -- Creedence Clearwater Revival'’s "“Running Through the Jungle."
Rob K. -- "Beer Barrel Polka," and "Oh Lord It's Hard to Be Humble" by Mac Davis
Rick T. -- "“Louie Lou I, Woooo woo we gotta go!"” (The Kingsmen)
Erik H. -- My favorite sing-along party anthem sounds like it was recorded at a party by about eight guys who haven't even put down their (intoxicating) beverages to step up to the microphones. All eight guys appear to be singing, too, in the Swinging Medallions' glorious "Double Shot of My Baby's Love."
"She loved me so long and she loved me so hard, I finally passed out in her front yard. It wasn't wine that I had too much of, it was a double shot of my baby's love."
Happy Friday everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home