Monday, February 13, 2006

The realization made me laugh out loud

I found myself driving to a dentist appointment today while listening to a band called the Screamers.
I am reading Barney Hoskyn's "Waiting for the Sun," a rock history of Los Angeles, and I have arrived at the portion detailing the punk scene of 1977-78.
Although best remembered now for their iconic "screaming head" logo (created by graphic artist Gary Panter, see more information at his Web site, here), the Screamers were one of the most ambitious of the original L.A. punksters. They played synthesizers instead of guitars and sounded like Johnny Rotten hijacking Kraftwerk.
I listened to them en route to the dentists' office and just laughed at my unintentionally ironic soundtrack choice.
Then, more laughter ensued at my dentists' appointment.
I apparently have some lingering bite problems from my junior-high-era descent into the dark days of orthodontics. The dentist said the bite problems allied with my small mouth (40mm opening) would continue to wear down my teeth.
The dentist said he could give me the name of an orthodontist if I wanted an opinion on "re-treatment."

Actually, with a daughter currently in orthodontics, one more almost assuredly requiring future orthodontics and a just-purchased house, I already happen to have an opinion on "re-treatment."
Could somebody please turn up the Screamers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home