Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I think my car is haunted

I don't know how else to explain it!
I locked my keys in my car this morning and did not discover that mishap until RIGHT BEFORE I was due to drive to an interview assignment. Luckily, my wife Jill had a spare set and could bail me out.
I initially thought I might have accidentally dropped my keys after I had first arrived at work. I had been juggling my iPod, my iTrip, my keys and a half-consumed bagel while I attempted to get out of the car.
Then I realized there was a far simpler explanation: Ghosts!
I know it is ghosts because when I returned from my interview and walked up to the door of the newspaper office, my door-unlocking badge, identification tags and press pass were no longer hanging around my neck on their lanyard. That *NEVER* happens. Sure enough, they were sitting inside the car... *EXACTLY* the same spot as my keys had appeared earlier.
That cinches it! Ghosts!
I have tried to appease the ghouls the rest of the day by listening to the Cramps as I have been driving around. The Cramps produced some of the creepiest post-punk rock of the past 25 years, simply by honoring reverb-laden rockabilly classics and B-movie horror film themes.
I might try to further appease the ghouls by cleaning out my car when I get home. Hopefully the ghosts will quit haunting me so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home