Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Good Morning, McLusky!

There is nothing quite like getting dressed in a mosh pit.
Of course, it is a one-person mosh pit, as I getting dressed for work alone here in the room. Still, I'm moshing. I'm moshing to McLusky!
When the Welsh three-piece indie band officially called it quits on their Web site (here) earlier this year, the news barely caused a ripple in a music world where so-called "punk rockers" (who are about as "punk rock" as your grandmother) show up for awards ceremonies in stretch limos and have beautiful actresses for girlfriends.
McLusky have always been different. Angry... raging... lo-fi... and very, very funny.
I'm currently listening to their 2004 album called "The Difference Between Me and You is That I'm Not on Fire." Huh?
The first track? "Without MSG I am Nothing." Huh?
Singer Andy Falkous screams and talks his way (sometimes he even sings) his way through classics such as "Forget About Him, I'm Mint" and "Falco vs. The Young Canoeist."
McLusky are freakin' hilarious. In an earlier single, "To Hell With Good Intentions," Falkous sings that the band "takes more drugs than a touring funk band."
You don't get that from the present-day, cookie-cutter punk bands. No way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home