Sunday, November 04, 2012

My brief introduction to Indy

I spent the weekend briefly getting to know the 12th-largest city in the United States.
INDIANAPOLIS is the home to the Indy 500, the Colts, a university called "IUPUI" and famous pork tenderloin sandwiches.
Saturday, it was also host to the MONUMENTAL MARATHON, which brought me to the "Circle City" so I could cheer for my brother-in-law, who ran in the event.
While he ran, I snapped photos -- of the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument, of Lucas Oil Stadium and Bankers Life Fieldhouse and of the Kurt Vonnegut mural on Massachusetts Avenue.
It was a brief first visit for me. My brother-in-law completed the marathon in three hours and 16 minutes and we were back on the road, driving across Illinois en route home.
I want to spend a little more time exploring Indy in the near future -- after all, I didn't even get to try one of those famous pork tenderloin sandwiches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home