Monday, October 29, 2012

Don't count out the Giants

So many people seemed to write off my favorite team, the SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS, after they stormed back to beat the ST. LOUIS CARDINALS and earn a WORLD SERIES berth against the DETROIT TIGERS.
"The SF Giants' glorious wine-and-cheese party, with Tony Bennett crooning in the background, is over," wrote national baseball columnist Bob Nightengale.
It only seemed like Bay Area fans and scribes gave the Giants much of a chance in the Fall Classic.
I guess that's why my feeling today -- following the Giants' four-game sweep of the Tigers -- is as much satisfaction and redemption as it is elation.
I was truly elated when the Giants won their first World Series in 2010.
This year, I felt vindication for my team.
Nothin' stops the "wine-and-cheese party," nothin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home