Monday, May 14, 2012

A season's worth of excitement in a single match


I needed to sleep on it to realize -- yesterday's MANCHESTER CITY title clincher had a season's worth of excitement packed into a single match.
Trailing 1-2 to 10-man visitors QUEENS PARK RANGERS and heading into stoppage time, Man City seemed doomed to a memorable, perhaps emotionally scarring failure.
Then, Edin Dzeko and ultimately, Sergio Aguero, scored to flip the throngs of supporters from weeping frustration to weeping glory. Man City were 3-2 winners.
Add Joey Barton's ridiculously moronic behavior following his sending off and Jamie Mackie's dramatic counter-attacking goal, and there really did seem to be a season's worth of excitement in a single match.
I know I will never forget it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

I nearly exploded.

Voice still croaky, coming back now.
Slept in my City shirt last night.
Might not take it off for a while.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home