Saturday, March 10, 2012

Footy has me craving more from Down Under

Watching it made me crave seafood pie, VIOLET CRUMBLE and an ice-cold Toohey's. Too bad those things are all in AUSTRALIA and I am in DUBUQUE.
CANTERBURY beat ST. GEORGE ILLAWARRA, 30-4, in a NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE match I watched on television this morning.
Josh Morris scored a first-half hat-trick of tries for the Bulldogs, who have been impressive in the first two games of the new season.
ANZ STADIUM hosted the match, which also made me nostalgic for my 2010 trip Down Under. I visited the former Olympic stadium located in SYDNEY'S western suburbs.
At least we have a hint of spring coming our way. If I cannot transport myself back to Australia, at least I can enjoy some better weather around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home