Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I feel Voxish (with apologies to The Fall)

This morning's cold, continuous RAIN perfectly fits the mood of my latest iPod playlist.
"Voxish" alternates between the best-known songs of the Eighties synth-driven bands VISAGE, JAPAN and Midge Ure-era ULTRAVOX.
The songs are alternated in a rather random order, so the playlist opens with Visage's "Fade to Grey," Ultravox's "Sleepwalk" and Japan's "Gentlemen Take Polaroids."
I'm still tweaking it. It would be jarring for a slow Japan song such as "Ghosts" to sit adjacent to a rousing Ultravox number such as "Reap The Wild Wind."
So, while my playlist is a work in progress, it's also a nice accompaniment for a cold, rainy day.
That is, there is no need to "Fade to Grey," because it's grey anyway today. Sorry, I just had to write that bit.