Friday, March 23, 2012

Books to movies: Our favorites

In case you have been cut off from television, radio, newspapers and the Internet the past few weeks, then allow ROUTE 1 to bring you the latest pop culture news:
Suzanne Collins' "The Hunger Games" arrives in cinemas this week.
We know, because our ANNIKA has read the books, displayed the posters, read the books again, worn the T-shirts and read the books again.
The only thing she has not done (until tonight) is seen the film.
That invariably leads us to this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?"
KERSTIN H. -- I love "Twilight," but my favorite adaptation is "My Sister's Keeper."
STEVE M. -- Has to be "Godfather."
JOHN S. -- "Band of Brothers."
ROSEANNE H. -- "The Help" is my favorite.
KERI M. -- "Adventures in Babysitting."
BEKAH S. -- Hands down, it has to be "Anne of Green Gables." That movie defines the very word classic.
ERIK H. -- I'd say Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange" is right up there. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I had actually read Anthony Burgess' novel before seeing the film. Thanks to that background, I could see how well Kubrick turned the novel into a stunning film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home