Saturday, August 13, 2011

Calming the pre-trip nerves

I'm not sure why, but I always become nervous on the eve of a major trip.
It can't be lack of travel experience: I have literally traveled to the other side of the world and back.
It must be something in my nature.
I fly tomorrow (via a rather circuitous route) to COLUMBIA, MO., for a week of journalism training at the UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI.
As I put the finishing touches on my preparations -- including the last-minute packing -- I am watching a little PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL to calm my nerves.
I love English football. It's my favorite sport, and watching it seems to restore a sense of equilibrium to me.
I watched visiting BOLTON ruin QUEENS PARK RANGERS' return to the top-flight with a 4-0 victory earlier today. Now, I am watching NEWCASTLE and ARSENAL battle in the northeast.
ROUTE 1 will be on hiatus during my trip, but don't worry: We will be back, primed for action, when we return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home