Monday, June 13, 2011

Praising 10cc

I can't rave enough about 10CC.
I was listening to the collective consisting of GRAHAM GOULDMAN, ERIC STEWART, (and originally) KEVIN GODLEY and LOL CREME last night, while I struggled with a sore throat that seems like it wants to progress to a spring cold.
As songs such as "Art for Art's Sake," "The Wall Street Shuffle" and "I'm Mandy, Fly Me" followed in succession, I was struck by how astoundingly good 10cc were.
They had the musical ability to pull off anything they attempted.
A song such as "Silly Love," for example, is as hard-rocking and complicated as anything Queen produced.
"Good Morning Judge" is a fine example of bluesy rock, which the band followed with "Dreadlock Holiday," a passable reggae tune that is also quite funny -- humor being another 10cc hallmark.
Like I said, I can't rave enough about 10cc. They were smart, funny and brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home