Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hey pets! Look what Manchester has done!

Rarely does one city place itself so firmly into the center of the footballing universe as MANCHESTER did today.
In BLACKBURN, MANCHESTER UNITED snatched the 1-1 draw that clinched the club's record 19th league title -- 12th under manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
Hours later, in LONDON, MANCHESTER CITY defeated STOKE CITY, 1-0, to win the F.A. CUP -- the club's first trophy in 35 years.
We watched the latter contest live on TV, although by "we" I mean me, and whichever of the four pets happened to be awake at the time.
I tried to explain the significance of today's events to REBEL, my father-in-law's dog who is visiting, but he was too interested in having me scratch his chest and belly.
KERSTIN, the Manchester United supporter one would have expected to have taken a keen interest in today's action, instead slept in until noon.
Ah well.
The half-awake animals and I were suitably impressed by Manchester's historical day of football.

2 Comments:

Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

Grand !

(The missus is at werk so I was watching wi' the two cats.
As expected neither of them impressed.

(Oh and can you change the font colour on Manchester City to blue)

12:53 PM  
Blogger erik hogstrom said...

@Webbie: I was aiming for a sky blue type of color, but it's tough to pull off!
Congrats for Citeh!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home