Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's Ultraman time!

I required some goofy escapism last night, so I pulled the "ULTRAMAN" DVDs from the shelf.
I watched a pair of episodes of the 1966-67 Japanese tokusatsu (special effects) television program:

1. "KAISUISEI TSUIFON (MYSTERY COMET TSUIFON)"

If you think a comet streaking toward a possible collision with Earth is bad, imagine the complicating factor of a monster digesting some hydrogen bombs.
2. "UCHUHSEN KYUHJO MEIREI (SPACESHIP RESCUE ORDER)"

Retrieving a fuse from a space probe on another planet would be easy, if it weren't for the monster who blinds people with its flashing eyes.
As a kid, I never thought much of the "Ultraman" series plots. I just wanted to see Ultraman fight monsters.

Actually, last night, I didn't really have much need for the plots, either. I just wanted to see Ultraman fight monsters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home