Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm late to the "Arrested Development" party

Michael: Okay, guys, um... they are going to keep Dad in prison at least until this gets all sorted out. Also, the attorney said that they're going to have to put a halt on the company's expense account.
(His family members all gasp)
Michael: Interesting. I would’ve expected that after "They're keeping Dad in jail."

Time for a mea culpa: I never watched "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT" while it was aired on broadcast television.

That's partly because I rarely watch broadcast television, except for soccer and the occasional rugby game and nationally televised Giants' game.

Jill and the girls run the remote in our house, and because they never watched "Arrested Development," I never did, either.

That grievous mistake ended this weekend, when I began watching the show online, on HULU.

I can't believe the quality. Headed by JASON BATEMAN, the cast was tremendous. The plotlines and little details combined for a very funny show about a corporate criminal (George Bluth, Sr.) incarcerated for fraud and other crimes.

His level-headed son Michael (Bateman) tries to keep his family of eccentrics together while rejuvenating the company, too.

If you're like me, and you never saw "Arrested Development" while it was on television, tune in on Hulu or check it out on DVD.

If you were lucky enough to enjoy the show first-run, then you'll know why I'm apologizing for missing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger inger said...

I can't believe you never watched this before! Its just all kindsa awesome, isn't it? Best part, watching it again later. You'll pick up on even more stuff.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home