Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Same old Lincecum marks arrival of spring

While spring weather raged outside, I settled in last night to listen to the GIANTS against the ASTROS on KNBR 680 (via MLB.com).
I know, the game was on television. I prefer listening to baseball on the radio -- it's the way I learned to appreciate the game while growing up. I could only make it to a couple Giants' games per season, so the radio provided a lifeline to my favorite team.

Last night's opener was enjoyable.
Two-time reigning Cy Young Award winner TIM LINCECUM picked up where he left off, holding Houston to four singles in seven shutout innings, walking none and striking out seven.
Visiting San Francisco beat the Astros, 5-2. Mark DeRosa homered in his San Francisco debut.

The rest of the family watched some dancing competition on television -- occasionally interrupted with news of the storm.

In my mind's eye, I was hundreds of miles away, in a ballpark.

Spring is finally here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home